Bowery Farming is seeking ambitious team members who can learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced & flexible environment, and who are willing to roll up their sleeves. Be a part of a team that produces locally grown fresh leafy greens and herbs from our indoor automated vertical farm in Kearny, NJ to our retail and restaurant customers in the NYC area! This is a hands-on job maintaining the taste, quality, and freshness of our produce and assisting in their daily care. This is a fast growing company with room for you to grow. This role is part-time, 20 hours per week. You will have the opportunity to pick from a set of available shifts (subject to availability).
What you’ll do at Bowery
- Work with and care for plants through the complete growth process from seeding to harvesting to packaging
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of the farm
- Be an advocate for safety standards in order to produce a world class product
- Operate as a team, follow production standards, and participate in improvement initiatives
- Working with the BoweryOS system to manage growing operations
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
- Passion for sustainability and healthy food
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Willingness to follow strict food safety and sanitary standards
- Flexibility with changing work responsibilities
- Work up to 2 days per week for 10 hour shifts (breaks and lunch)
- Ability to commit to a consistent set of scheduled days, including holidays that land on your scheduled days (the farm operates seven days a week)
- Have a reliable form of transportation
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- PC or Mac familiarity, ability to use a tablet or smartphone
- Comfortable with Physical Requirements including;
- Lift and move objects up to 49 pounds each
- Standing for hours at a time
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Fowler & Wells. Based in New York City, the company has raised $117M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.