The Boston Eye Group is looking for enthusiastic, detail-oriented individuals to work in our Surgical Scheduling department.
Our Surgical Schedulers will be responsible for:
- Scheduling outpatient surgical procedures at hospitals and offsite surgery centers according to predetermined block schedules and established policies and procedures.
- Communicating with surgeons, secretarial staff and admissions personnel to obtain needed information, coordinate and confirm schedules and identify special requirements for procedures.
- Notifying all referring physicians of upcoming procedures and surgeries. Identifying additional OR time for surgeon separate and apart from block time as needed.
- Recording and compiling scheduling information on practice computer systems. Reviewing and verifying accuracy of basic patient information.
- Compiling and keeping up-to-date surgical charts
- Identifying and communicating critical information, such as surgeon and physician availability, and special supply and equipment requests, to nursing and other appropriate staff, as necessary.
- Responding to requests for routine information or assistance from patients referring inquiries requiring clinical or management judgement to appropriate personnel. Requesting clarification of assigned tasks or instructions from supervisor as necessary.
- Scheduling any consults needed prior to the surgery as requested, i.e. cardiac clearance
- Establishing need for insurance authorization for the procedures
- Bringing high priority issues to supervisor’s attention, and providing updates to supervisor in the follow up and/or resolution of these, and/or related issues
- Assisting in the preparation and compilation of monthly OR and/or scheduling metrics reports
- Other tasks as assigned
Salary is commensurate with experience; opportunity for future advancement for Team Lead/Supervisor with progression and initiative.
To qualify, you must have:
- A high school level of educational development and two to four years' workplace experience, preferably in healthcare setting.
- High attention to detail and organizational skills are must
- The analytical skills to gather and interpret data in situations in which the information or problems are relatively routine.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.