Founded in 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee, Boss Key Productions is a new video game development studio based in the heart of Raleigh, NC. BKP believes in an agile, no-nonsense approach to product and studio building with an emphasis on high quality product in a friendly environment while remaining as transparent as possible to the gaming community.
Boss Key is currently partnered with Nexon on a project that is LawBreakers - a science fiction first person shooter.
Boss Key Productions is looking for a talented and driven Senior Gameplay Engineer to help design and implement the future of dynamic, competitive multiplayer shooters. Responsibilities
- Work as part of the Gameplay team in a highly collaborative environment
- Design, prototype and fully implement new gameplay
- Design and maintain complex software systems
- At least 5 years experience as a gameplay engineer and 2 shipped titles
- Have deep and current knowledge of multiplayer gameplay programming
- Excellent at programming player-focused features
- Strong programming skills in C/C++
- Strong 2D/3D math
- Intuitive understanding of action gameplay
- Experience with networking, replication, prediction, lag compensation, cheat protection
- Experience with physics, inputs, AI, sound, engine and game systems
- Capable of quick prototyping and rapid iteration to find the fun
- Creative problem solver, don't take no for an answer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passionate gamer
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Lua and visual scripting tools
- Capable of debugging optimized code
- Deep knowledge of competitive multiplayer games, especially shooters, fighting games and strategy games.
- Figure out how to implement Doc Ock walking on walls and ceilings while shooting a fully automatic twelve barrel rocket launcher in a multiplayer FPS.