Founded in 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee, Boss Key Productions is a new videogame development studio based in the heart of Raleigh, NC. BKP believes in an agile, no-nonsense approach to product and studio building with an emphasis on high quality product in a friendly environment while remaining as transparent as possible to the gaming community.
Boss Key is currently partnered with Nexon on a project that is LawBreakers - a science fiction first person shooter.
Boss Key Productions is seeking a Senior Character Artist to help create realistic and believable characters.Senior Character ArtistResponsibilities
- Create highly detailed and believable 3D character models and textures for use in-game.
- Help define and evangelize the vision of the character modeling team.
- Assist in the creation of character and costume concepts.
- Participate in the research and development of new tools, lighting features, and shaders.
- Serve as a mentor for junior level artists and contractors.
- Work closely with designers and programmers to ensure character models meet the requirements of the gameplay experience.
- A self-motivator, owning character models from conception, evolution, and the final stages of polish, always striving to deliver work on time.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to identify and deal with issues before they arise.
- Ability to self-critique as needed.
- Ability to handle critique. The more feedback you receive, the more you can tailor your work towards what is best for the game.
- Contribute to establishing and enforcing consistent character construction practices.
- At least 7 years’ experience as a 3D artist.
- At least three shipped AAA titles.
- Experience working on first person shooters.
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into the pipeline.
- Strong game design sensibilities.
- A team-player who understands the importance of collaboration, and can communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual passionate about making games and playing them.
- Ability to learn and master new tools and techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess good knowledge of character setup and rigging.
- Mastery of standard art packages such as 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, and Zbrush.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, surface properties, and human anatomy.
- Experience with Substance Painter and Marvelous Designer a plus.
- Portfolio of highly detailed 3D art with a focus on character models, highly realistic textures (skin, hair, etc.), accurate anatomy, detailed clothing, personal props, etc.
- Portfolio should show quality, taste, and the ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.