Founded in 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee, Boss Key Productions is a videogame development studio based in the heart of Raleigh, NC. BKP believes in an agile, no-nonsense approach to product and studio building with an emphasis on high quality product in a friendly environment while remaining as transparent as possible to the gaming community.
Boss Key is currently working on multiple projects and seeking an Associate Producer to be a part of our production team.
The person in this role will be a vital part of creating our games. In this role you’ll manage schedules, remove roadblocks, and ensure the team has all they need to meet a demanding schedule. You will be responsible for working with all levels of the production team and project leads to track and prioritize elements of work, always prioritizing quality and shipping great games.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Scheduling and tracking projects in development
- Working closely with the Producer and Leads to ensure the highest level of team communication
- Working closely with Leads on day to day maintenance, organization and management of the schedule and resources
- Creating schedules for tracking of projects
- Promoting cross-discipline communication to ensure everyone is well-informed and working towards common goals
- Attending department meetings to document and then distribute notes accordingly.
- Keeping the team informed regarding game functionality
- Detecting production and development abnormalities and reporting them through the proper lines of communication
- Providing regular updates and status reports on the state of the bug database and create dashboards
- Product testing to monitor progress and state of the project
- Able to work independently while remaining responsive to the needs of the larger production team
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the following qualifications:
- 2 plus years of related experience in production, game design and/or development
- Experience in Atlassian’s JIRA
- Experience in Google Suite software
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and time management skills
- Understanding of QA and the testing process
- Strong problem solving abilities and able to stay on-task without supervision
- Capable of multitasking and managing numerous priorities simultaneously
- Strong attention-to-detail abilities and follow through on tasks, no matter how small
- Willingness to grow and take on new challenges