Founded in 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski, Boss Key Productions is a new video game development studio based in the heart of Raleigh, NC. BKP believes in an agile, no-nonsense approach to product and studio building with an emphasis on high quality product in a friendly environment while remaining as transparent as possible to the gaming community.
Boss Key Productions is looking for a scrappy engineering student who can build an F22-Raptor on legs. Are you fluent in C++, 3D Math and Unreal Engine 4? Can you hold your own in an argument about linked lists? Do you play a lot of videogames and want to make one? Send us a code sample, some mod work, or a student project. Join us in our ongoing quest to make the best games in the world.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, game programming or a similar field
- Experience developing and debugging in C/C++
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: gameplay, game systems, engine, networking, graphics, physics, animation, sound, user interface, scripting, tools
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong mathematics background (logic, linear algebra, geometry, statistics and probability, etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Familiarity with game engine development
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (Python, Lua, Perl, etc.)
What does an engineering intern do all day?
On a day-to-day basis, game programming interns could be doing any or all of the following:
- Adding gameplay features, creating internal tools or programming changes to the user interface
- Improving, iterating, and debugging existing code
- Researching and expanding on knowledge of toolsets and programming languages
- Discussing best practices with senior programmers to improve code structure
- Soliciting feedback from programmers and designers
- Playtesting the current prototype to gain a complete understand of what the team is aiming for, and providing gameplay feedback
On acceptance of the internship you must:
- Get to Boss Key Productions in downtown Raleigh
- Have a method of getting to work every day (car, bike, Raleigh bus service, two feet, etc.)
- Find a place to live within the Raleigh area (we do not pay for housing and you need to leave the office at night)
- Pay for the position is $13.37 per hour for 40 hours a week
- We will provide equipment/desk/chair, etc. for you to do your work