Founded in 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski, Boss Key Productions is a video game development studio based in the heart of Raleigh, NC. BKP believes in an agile, no-nonsense approach to product and studio building with an emphasis on high quality product in a friendly environment while remaining as transparent as possible to the gaming community.
The candidate works well in a small tight knit group of artists. Must be willing to mentor other artists with less experience than one’s self. The senior concept artist should have the ability to work directly with others that are outside of their group (Designers, Creative Director, Programmers).
- The concepting of high fidelity AAA video game characters
- Mentoring other junior concept artists on the team
- Establish a high bar for the aesthetic of our in-game characters and help set the best practices for concept creation
- Contribute creative ideas across the project and future projects
Experience / Skills Required:
- History of high quality hard and soft surface concept creation
- Ability to create 2d and 3d concepts for weapons, characters and prop
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy and proportions
- Comfortable receiving constructive criticism and making artistic adjustment
- Strong grasp of composition, color theory, value, form, scale, shape language, and silhouette
- Industry standard software experience with a variety of packages such as-
- 5 years+ experience of working on AAA console and/or pc titles in a game art role
- Two or more shipped titles for console and/or pc
- Experience working with Keyshot
- Experience of working with Marvelous designer
- Animation/rigging experience
- Ability to quickly sketch out concepts to convey more complex ideas
- A passion for creating and playing video games
The candidate will need to show a broad range of skills in their portfolio, with examples of high quality 2d and 3d assets.
*Only candidates who are legally eligible to work in the US will be considered for this role.
**Only candidates sending in a portfolio with the application will be considered.