Join a fast growing fintech team! Boro is the first consumer financing company focused on Gen-Z college students, and we’re looking for entrepreneurial-minded college students to help us revolutionize the status quo of college students’ credit life.
Headquartered in Chicago, Boro is the first consumer financing company focusing on the Gen-Z college students. Here at Boro, you will have the opportunity to work with talented fintech enthusiasts to revolutionize the status quo of college student credit life. We use our proprietary Non-FICO underwriting system to provide convenient financing solutions to the underserved college students. We care about our customers’ future and believe that we can make a difference in advancing their financial well-being. We are a non-hierarchical team with strong focus on execution and delivery. Being part of an exponentially growing company, you will get exposure to all aspects of our business and generate impact proportional to your ability. We are dedicated to becoming the one-stop financing platform for the underbanked and welcome all talents who share our dream of disrupting the traditional lending market with innovation.
How do we do it?
Boro creates fair, simple and smart financial products for college students that help along 3 core pillars:
- Thrive: Boro allows students to get the most out of their college experience by having access to stress-free financing.
- Grow: Boro helps students grow more confident in their finances through education, resources and credit-building products.
- Protect: Boro protects students from a system that doesn’t work for them through innovative technology that gives them better financing options and helps them plan for the future.
The Core Values
- Focus on the few things that matter. Less is more.
- Grow and help grow. Work outside of your comfort zone.
- Be transparent and do the right thing. Trust is key when building relationships with our customers.
- Rebel with a purpose. Questioning assumptions is necessary.
- Be youthful. Actively listen and understand our college student audience.
- Achieve simplicity through expertise. Distill expertise into easy-to-understand products.
We are searching for passionate and highly motivated Campus Ambassadors to join our fast-paced marketing team. In this role you will use your outgoing personality to bring awareness and help drive downloads to Boro through your personal network and a number of on and off campus events.
- Attend events on campus to raise Boro brand awareness. This will include social events, job fairs, campus interviews, talks and lectures, and social media activation.
- Connect with campus influencers, student clubs and groups in the international student community and promote Boro products.
- Reach out to local dealers around campus, maintain and build new relationships with them.
- Serve as a Boro liaison. You will work with the marketing and growth teams to educate students on the importance of financial growth.
- Track and report all engagement activities with the marketing team through different marketing channels.
- Be an active participant in brainstorming and shaping active campaigns.
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin
- Proactive and quick learner who can work independently.
- Able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- A proven leader with a strong social network on and off campus.
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Have a 2.5 minimum GPA.
- You have 2+ hours per week to commit to Boro’s Campus Ambassador initiative.
- Able to lift 35 pounds, load, setup, execute, and tear down promotional items multiple times a day. Able to stand for up to 8 hours a day.
- Personal connections with local dealers a plus
- Student organization experience a plus
Our Commitment to You
- Training and growth opportunities with a fast growing fintech company.
- Support and communication with our Marketing team.
- Opportunity to build your network with like-minded professionals and students across the country.
- Competitive commissions.
- Potential for full time employment opportunities post-grad.