- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a computer science-related field from a top tier university
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong front-end & mobile development skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design & develop intuitive modular code.
- The ability to do deep problem solving and build elegant, maintainable solutions to complex problems
- 1+ years of work experience
- Experience with mobile SDKs
- Experience in Expo SDK and tools
- Proficient in Apollo/GraphQL or Redux
- Good understanding of UI/UX
Headquartered in Chicago, Boro is the first consumer financing company focusing on the Gen-Z college students. Here at Boro, you will have the opportunity to work with talented fintech enthusiasts to revolutionize the status quo of college student credit life. We use our proprietary machine-learning risk engine to provide convenient financing solutions to the underserved college students. We care about our customers’ future and believe that we can make a difference in advancing their financial well-being. We are a non-hierarchical team with a strong focus on execution and delivery. Being part of an exponentially growing company, you will get exposure to all aspects of our business and generate impact proportionally to your ability. We are dedicated to becoming the one-stop financing platform for the underbanked and welcome all talents who share our dream of disrupting traditional lending market with innovation.
The software engineer position at Boro is a highly entrepreneurial role. The candidate has the opportunity to participate in the design, development, and optimization of various Fin-tech products using the latest technologies. You will not only collaborate with engineers in different parts of the world but also work alongside with the core management team to design the next-generation Boro platform on a daily basis. Besides technologies, you will also have high levels of exposure to daily operations, platform development, as well as other aspects of the business. The ideal candidate should be a skillful engineer with years of development experience and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. The competent candidate will also be entitled to an attractive incentive stock option package.
- Develop and optimize Boro's Mobile & Web Platform.
- Manage integration with 3rd party API
- Work on a cross-functional team of engineers, designers and product managers
- Participate in the design and development of Boro’s next-generation products
- Participate in restructuring Boro’s next-generation software architecture and tech stack
- Substantial experience in building complex and scalable solutions
- We're looking for developers who take pride in their code rather than the frameworks they know (although good Devs know the right frameworks).
- Those who don't settle. They are brave enough to dream big and work hard to achieve it.
- 90K to 110K USD/year
- Potential stock options
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Free breakfast, drinks (beer, coffee, milk, etc), and other perks
- Gym with classes
- Awesome view from the office in West Loop