The Risk Analyst will have high levels of exposure to daily operations and help to make critical decisions as part of the analytics team. Risk Analysts help evaluate data points in order to maximize organizational profit and minimize risk or loss. Additionally, they play a key role in supporting the organization in underwriting, compliance, and client application approval. This includes examining risk documentation for accuracy and escalating to appropriate management levels for review. The ideal candidate will work in a team setting to perform financial analysis and underwrite.
- Support daily loan application underwriting, including data entry, communication with customers, and loan agreement generation.
- Responsible for the analysis and appraisal of client applications for approval for consumer credit.
- Review client applications to ensure loan decisions comply with internal, state, and federal regulations with the support of upper management.
- Curating monthly credit reporting to the Credit Bureau.
- Design and implement operations through data analysis and interpretation.
- Design experiments, test hypotheses and build models using classifiers.
- Support Data Scientist through project and initiative testing.
- Collaborate with the customer representatives team by providing analytical and operational support.
- Support collection based on data analysis insight.
- Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work in the US.
- Current Bachelor’s Degree in math concentration such as mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, business administration, actuarial science, or other related fields or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/state filing regulations and guidelines.
- Experience with compliance is a must.
- Strong attention to detail, including writing, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Ability to meet short deadlines, work in a fast-paced environment, and coordinate with various teams, departments, and divisions.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as a valuable member of a team.
- Ability to translate data into insights.
- Must possess knowledge of Excel, required.
- SQL programming and knowledge of R and Python preferred.
- Statistics modeling experience, plus.
Headquartered in Chicago, Boro is the first consumer financing company focusing on Gen-Z college students. Here at Boro, you will have the opportunity to work with talented fintech enthusiasts to revolutionize the status quo of college student credit life. We use our proprietary Non-FICO underwriting system to provide convenient financing solutions to underserved college students. We care about our customers’ future and believe that we can make a difference in advancing their financial well-being. We are a non-hierarchical team with a strong focus on execution and delivery. Being part of an exponentially growing company, you will get exposure to all aspects of our business and generate impact proportional to your ability. We are dedicated to becoming the one-stop financing platform for the underbanked and welcome all talents who share our dream of disrupting the traditional lending market with innovation.
How do we do it?
Boro creates fair, simple and smart financial products for college students that help along 3 core pillars:
Thrive: Boro allows students to get the most out of their college experience by having access to stress-free financing.
Grow: Boro helps students grow more confident in their finances through education, resources, and credit-building products.
Protect: Boro protects students from a system that doesn’t work for them through innovative technology that gives them better financing options and helps them plan for the future.
The Core Values
- Focus on the few things that matter. Less is more.
- Grow and help grow. Work outside of your comfort zone.
- Be transparent and do the right thing. Trust is key when building relationships with our customers.
- Rebel with a purpose. Questioning assumptions is necessary.
- Be youthful. Actively listen and understand our college student audience.
Achieve simplicity through expertise. Distill expertise into easy-to-understand products.