The Growth Marketer (GM) will be responsible for supporting the creation of the growth strategies for both online and offline marketing strategies at Boro. They are responsible for defining and implementing strategies using marketing automation through Customer Service Management (CRM) tools. Daily, they will collect, analyze, interpret data, and execute strategies to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns to increase customer acquisition. The GM role is solution-oriented, requiring the ability to implement and pivot strategy in a quickly growing start-up.
- Create, adapt, implement marketing automation strategies to increase customer acquisition, utilizing CRMs tools.
- Work cross-functionally to design, develop, and maintain the entire marketing automation, lead nurturing, and inbound marketing ecosystem.
- Strategically develop and identify opportunities that have the potential for user base and revenue growth.
- Research and data-mine prospective clients, adding valuable data to new and existing accounts, as well as acquiring high-level contacts by leveraging third-party databases and social networking sites.
- Collect metrics and KPIs for various marketing and growth-focused campaigns.
- Interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings for Growth and Partnership and Marketing teams.
- Develop effective sales materials, including dashboards, pitches, decks, and training content focused on supporting the development of offline and online strategies.
- Work across marketing channels and vital internal teams (Product, Analytics, and Operations) to develop, integrate, execute, and continuously optimize customer acquisition efforts.
- Provide customer insights to the Marketing and Product teams to increase brand awareness and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain relationships with growth and partnership teams, including day-to-day communication and strategy building, to drive continued growth.
- Support the documentation of processes to support the growth of partnership efforts.
- Authorized to work in the US.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in growth marketing.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, a major in marketing, marketing. Analytics, communications, business administration, or similar discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in marketing (B2B or B2C) with a data-driven growth mindset is required.
- Formal training around Salesforce or other CRM tools (Marketo, Google, Salesforce, Hubspot, Drips) required.
- Proficient computer skills – MS Office products, precisely a high level of proficiency with Excel, required.
- Experience working with consumer technology and growth fields required.
- Visionary and innovative approach to building a growth strategy with the ability to lead initiatives.
- Proven results in increasing brand/ product awareness and customer acquisition strategies, both traditional and digital.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal skills) with the ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms are required.
- Organized with attention to detail skills, self-motivation with the ability to direct, lead, and motivate self and others are required.
- Ability to think on their feet and thrive in a fast-paced start-up team environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply logic to address issues.
- Shows drive and pragmatic approach to implementing strategy.
- Creative and able to think outside the box.
- Knowledge of marketing automation and its contributions to growth.
- Critical thinker and ability to apply best practices to problem solve.
- CRM experience (Marketo, Google, Salesforce, Hubspot, Drips).
Headquartered in Chicago, Boro is the first consumer financing company focusing on Gen-Z college students. Here at Boro, you will have the opportunity to work with talented fintech enthusiasts to revolutionize the status quo of college student credit life. We use our proprietary Non-FICO underwriting system to provide convenient financing solutions to underserved college students. We care about our customers’ future and believe that we can make a difference in advancing their financial well-being. We are a non-hierarchical team with a strong focus on execution and delivery. Being part of an exponentially growing company, you will get exposure to all aspects of our business and generate impact proportional to your ability. We are dedicated to becoming the one-stop financing platform for the underbanked and welcome all talents who share our dream of disrupting the traditional lending market with innovation.
How do we do it?
Boro creates fair, simple and smart financial products for college students that help along 3 core pillars:
Thrive: Boro allows students to get the most out of their college experience by having access to stress-free financing.
Grow: Boro helps students grow more confident in their finances through education, resources, and credit-building products.
Protect: Boro protects students from a system that doesn’t work for them through innovative technology that gives them better financing options and helps them plan for the future.
The Core Values
- Focus on the few things that matter. Less is more.
- Grow and help grow. Work outside of your comfort zone.
- Be transparent and do the right thing. Trust is key when building relationships with our customers.
- Rebel with a purpose. Questioning assumptions is necessary.
- Be youthful. Actively listen and understand our college student audience.
- Achieve simplicity through expertise. Distill expertise into easy-to-understand products.