Head of Risk and Analytics
Headquartered in Chicago, Boro is the first consumer financing company focusing on the Gen-Z college students. Here at Boro, you will have the opportunity to work with talented fintech enthusiasts to revolutionize the status quo of college student credit life. We use our proprietary Non-FICO underwriting system to provide convenient financing solutions to the underserved college students. We care about our customers’ future and believe that we can make a difference in advancing their financial well-being. We are a non-hierarchical team with strong focus on execution and delivery. Being part of an exponentially growing company, you will get exposure to all aspects of our business and generate impact proportionally to your ability. We are dedicated to becoming the one-stop financing platform for the underbanked and welcome all talents who share our dream of disrupting traditional lending market with innovation.
At Boro, Head of Risk and Analytics is the top executive in charge of the risk team and the cross-departmental analytics team. You will directly lead the underwriting, risk modeling, analytics and collection. You will also work closely with CEO and other management team members to design and execute corporate strategies. You will collaborate with Operation, Finance, Product and Marketing teams to scale up the business. Competent candidate will be entitled to an attractive incentive stock option package.
- Build, lead and mentor an efficient and compliant risk and analytics team.
- Maintain and optimize the underwriting models and procedures.
- Supervise the collection efforts and continuously improve the efficiency of collection and loss mitigation process.
- Develop, maintain and implement Boro’s underwriting and collection policy and documentation.
- Drive the preparation of regular portfolio performance and risk analytics reports.
- Lead the identification, analysis and monitoring of risk and collection metrics.
- Manage risk-related vendors.
- 7+ years of risk management and analytics experience in banking or lending related industries.
- 4+ years of managerial experience in a data-driven strategy role (credit, risk, finance, analytics, etc.).
- Proficient in Python and SQL.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization.
- Experience in data science is a plus.