The Growth Lead will be responsible for supporting the creation of the growth strategies for both online and offline marketing strategies at Boro. They are responsible for defining and implementing growth strategies. Daily, they will collect, analyze, interpret data, and execute strategies to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns to increase customer acquisition. The Growth Hacker role is solution-oriented, requiring the ability to implement and pivot strategy in a quickly growing start-up.
- Strategically develop and identify opportunities that have the potential for user base and revenue growth.
- Research and data-mine prospective leads, vendors, and potential partnerships add valuable data to new and existing accounts, as well as acquire high-level contacts by leveraging third-party databases and social networking sites.
- Collect metrics and key performance indicators for various marketing and growth-focused campaigns.
- Interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings for Growth and Partnership and Marketing teams.
- Work across marketing channels and vital internal teams (Product, Analytics, and Operations) to develop, integrate, execute, and continuously optimize customer acquisition efforts.
- Maintain relationships with growth and partnership teams, including day-to-day communication and strategy building, to drive continued growth.
- Help support the documentation of processes to support the growth of partnership efforts.
- Authorized to work in the US.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in growth marketing.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in marketing (B2B or B2C) with a data-driven growth mindset is required.
- Proficient computer skills – MS Office products, precisely a high level of proficiency with Excel, required.
- Experience working with consumer technology and growth fields required.
- Visionary and innovative approach to building a growth strategy with the ability to lead initiatives.
- Proven results in increasing brand/ product awareness and customer acquisition strategies, both in traditional and digital capacities.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal skills) with the ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms are required.
- Organized with attention to detail skills, self-motivation with the ability to direct, lead, and motivate self and others is required.
- Ability to think on their feet and thrive in a fast-paced start-up team environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply logic to address issues.
- Shows drive and pragmatic approach to implementing a strategy.
- Creative and able to think outside the box.
- Critical thinker and ability to apply best practices to problem solve.
Headquartered in Chicago, Boro is the first consumer financing company focusing on Gen-Z college students. Here at Boro, you will have the opportunity to work with talented fintech enthusiasts to revolutionize the status quo of college student credit life. We use our proprietary Non-FICO underwriting system to provide convenient financing solutions to underserved college students. We care about our customers’ future and believe that we can make a difference in advancing their financial well-being. We are a non-hierarchical team with a strong focus on execution and delivery. Being part of an exponentially growing company, you will get exposure to all aspects of our business and generate impact proportional to your ability. We are dedicated to becoming the one-stop financing platform for the underbanked and welcome all talents who share our dream of disrupting the traditional lending market with innovation.
How do we do it?
Boro creates fair, simple and smart financial products for college students that help along 3 core pillars:
Thrive: Boro allows students to get the most out of their college experience by having access to stress-free financing.
Grow: Boro helps students grow more confident in their finances through education, resources, and credit-building products.
Protect: Boro protects students from a system that doesn’t work for them through innovative technology that gives them better financing options and helps them plan for the future.
The Core Values
- Focus on the few things that matter. Less is more.
- Grow and help grow. Work outside of your comfort zone.
- Be transparent and do the right thing. Trust is key when building relationships with our customers.
- Rebel with a purpose. Questioning assumptions is necessary.
- Be youthful. Actively listen and understand our college student audience.
- Achieve simplicity through expertise. Distill expertise into easy-to-understand products.