It’s an exciting time to join JRNI we’re about to embark on a transition period to move from a multi-seat monolith structure, towards a distributed and cloud-agnostic architecture, with you and your Engineering team-mates leading the effort.
Life at JRNI is collaborative but fast paced, and you’ll be responsible for designing infrastructure, building and maintaining tools for automation, monitoring day-to-day operations and troubleshooting any roadblocks faced by the technical teams.
You will be;
- Partnering with our Head of Engineering and CTO suggest improvements to our DevOps processes and tools, whilst helping us to expand to additional cloud hosting environments alongside our infrastructure
- Helping to extend the centralisation of configuration management, monitoring and automation tools
- Championing DevOps best practices alongside educating the wider technology teams to ensure our systems are able to continuously scale, remain stable and are secure
- Evolving and executing daily operational activities and proactively identifying issues and optimisations in a timely manner
This role is yours to really shape and grow into. You’re able to give consultative advice in the DevOps space, within the team and the wider business, and are excited by implementing positive change in a fast growing company and industry.
You will have;
- Extensive experience (around 5+ years) establishing and owning service deployments in Azure; Ideally with complimentary AWS experience
- Impeccable communication and an ability to explain complex technical architectures to those less fluent
- Solid practical experience of operating Docker and Kubernetes in production
- Experience building and improving workflows and processes, and monitoring the effectiveness of existing processes and tools
- Experience of web protocols and scripting languages
- Familiarity with Puppet, Terraform or similar configuration/infrastructure as code tools
- Knowledge of web service delivery and security tools, as well as the communication protocols and paths between components
What makes us different?
We pride ourselves on having a diverse, inclusive company, plus you’ll be working on some truly interesting business challenges as we scale and support our enterprise clients. We want to make sure you’ve got the right work/life balance, so we offer loads of benefits, from flexible working from home options, 24hr GP, mental health support and other access, to regular social events and an office designed for collaboration, fun and well-being!