It’s an exciting time to join JRNI, we’ve got a totally new role for a 2nd Line Support person to join our growing UK Support Team here in Farringdon. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable using Ruby on the backend and has an appreciation of front end technologies too, but also someone who wants to work with some really experienced developer mentors whilst helping JRNI to scale and grow.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a technically strong developer who prides themselves in solving problems and making customers happy.
- Working on tickets in whole or in part, that require the deep technical capabilities to understand, isolate and resolve our customers’ issues.
- Using your communications skills to inform, mentor and support the ongoing development of our 1st line teams
- Ensuring that when tickets need to pass on to developers, you’ve made clear the findings of your investigations and the potential root causes you’ve already ruled out
- Assisting Support and Development teams in the continuous evolution of our processes
- Seeking opportunities to increase our efficiency and responsiveness to customers - think automation, new diagnostic tools, new monitoring and process improvements.
- Onboarded by our Development teams and given all the usual developer tools and magical powers
- Absorbing knowledge from across the business and be a champion of knowledge sharing
This is a real opportunity to grow your commercial and technical understanding in a high impact role. You’re a tenacious problem solver, who is keen to learn and collaborate, have the ability to understand complex coding problems and communicate these to less technical members of the team.
- At least 1 year’s experience working in a customer focused support role
- At least 2 years working with Ruby as a core solution technology
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experienced in at least two of the following:
- RESTful APIs
- AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda’s)
- MySQL and/or AWS RDS
- Scripting / Automation
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! We’re based in Farringdon, London (with offices in Boston and Sydney also), in a fast paced, social environment. We offer excellent benefits and perks, like our games rooms (we have 3!), gender equal Maternity/Paternity cover, flexible working, regular social events and PerkBox access.