It’s an exciting time to join JRNI. We’re scaling up our technology teams, and looking for experienced Senior Ruby Developer Contractors to join one of our in-house squads (affectionately named after video games). We have a ruby on rails backend which is hosted on AWS and we leverage AWS Lambda for additional microservices when needed.
As a Developer, your main responsibility will be the design, development and implementation of new features to improve the scalability and feature set of our platform, as well as development, modification and maintenance of our core web application. There’s loads to get stuck into in this role – at the moment the team are involved in:
- Building on and maintaining our scalable, versioned, Restful API
- Building a portal that allows external parties to build on top of our technology and monitor the health of any integrations from our suite of integration
- Extending our Adaptable Journeys, a dynamically templated consumer booking journey that allows supports custom component injection
- Using different databases for solving different problems: Mysql, Dynamo, Redis
- Building an event-driven webhook API for notifications to external systems
- Building the foundation of a class leading enterprise analytics architecture
- 4 + years of commercial Ruby on Rails development experience and a genuine interest in web development
- Experience working with colleagues from multiple departments including non-technical teams
- Ideally commercial experience using some of the following: MySQL, REST APIs, TDD (Rspec), Elasticsearch, (EC2, S3, Lambda), Snowflake
- You’re comfortable working within a collaborative Agile environment and are confident finding solutions to novel problems
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has the stability and commercial success of a big business, but the heart & soul of a start-up. You’ll be working on truly interesting challenges – engineering issues, scalability, latency, distributed systems… so we need someone who is motivated by problem-solving & seeing the wider impacts of their work.
If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you! Our team is very diverse, with backgrounds spanning from astrophysics to criminology to music management, and we pride ourselves on our great working culture, with great Company perks!