Who are we looking for?
We are looking for analytical individuals with expertise in statistical analysis and technical consulting. You will join our growing consultancy team to provide statistical analysis and reports for our clients, working closely with stakeholders within client companies and BlueOptima.
Given that our product measures the effort teams make as they write software, it would be hypocritical of us not to pay a lot of attention to the work we are putting into our jobs – so the work you do will be highly visible to the whole team.
The role includes comprehensive training and development. You can expect to be doing a mix of projects and ad hoc work – some examples are below – as well as working with the sales team as they deliver executive presentations.
- Liaison between client technical team and BlueOptima development team
- Designing internal reports for use by management team and client at various tiers
- Supporting product rollout with front end development
- Consult with clients on the underlying Coding Effort metric and evangelise its use
- Data Quality checks / Deep Dives
- Liaising with backend team on future developments
- Linking data sets to generate reports
- Creating / maintaining BI dashboards
- Producing ad hoc reports
- Developing new applications / uses for the existing data
- Produce reports based on BlueOptima Coding Effort data and explain the insight they reveal to senior managers to support decision-making
- Develop additional applications for the BlueOptima product and data predominantly using R and/or similar statistical tools
Qualifications & Experience Required
You will have experience in a consultancy/analytical function. Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Statistical/Analytical/Mathematical Degree or equivalent expertise in an analytical role.
- Strong people skills demonstrated through consultancy or similar experience, e.g. engaging with stakeholders for client companies
- Experience of project management and designing processes to deliver successful outcomes is desirable
- Data Visualisation (via Tableau, Qlikview, SAS BI or similar)
- Strong fundamentals in Statistical Analysis
- R or similar programming experience (e.g. Matlab)
- Understanding of software development life cycle
Your normal place of work will be BlueOptima’s London office, currently at 39 Webber Street, London SE1 8QW. The location of BlueOptima’s office may change but is expected to remain in London. In the event you are working away from the office or the client site, you are expected to inform the company of your location and work from an appropriately quiet, secure and professional location.
You will be required to travel where this is appropriate to your job as the needs of BlueOptima may demand. You may from time to time be required to work from or at other BlueOptima offices or partner or customer sites within the UK and overseas.
£35,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience + bonus scheme.
Why Work for BlueOptima?
An opportunity to work with big data techniques on a market leading technology with exposure to influence senior decision makers at some of the world's largest businesses while retaining the benefits of working with a dynamic, bureaucracy-free startup environment.
BlueOptima cultivates a high-performance, motivated environment within an informal culture.
As we continue our fast company growth, there are excellent opportunities to progress.
Annual company meet up (2018 was 2 weeks in Goa!).
Who are we?
The only company providing objective, transparent software development productivity metrics for team leaders, project managers and executive sponsors. The technology has been implemented by some of the world’s largest organisations including insurance companies, asset managers, telecoms and nine of the top twelve Universal Banks. This successful product uptake has led to rapid expansion of the company.
BlueOptima is a Private Limited company, incorporated in 2007, based in London, UK.
BlueOptima is an equal opportunities employer.