Who are we?
The first solution of its kind, BlueOptima provides insights based on the world’s only objective software developer productivity metrics: Actual Coding Effort. It’s a breakthrough for software development.
Our HQ is in London, UK with international offices in the USA, India and Mexico.
Whom are we looking for?
The Business Development Manager drives forward our business and finds potential clients for our proven solution. The person successful in this role is a highly motivated and driven salesperson with experience of IT Solution Sales. We are interested to hear from individuals who are motivated to grow business in the Japanese market whilst working within a highly global team.
- 3+ years’ experience of solution based IT sales
- Native level in Japanese
- English Language Business Fluency
- Knowledgeable of Software Development terminology and practices
- Strong track record of achieving targets in delivering sales
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience of managing budget and individuals, or teams
- Experience of working in an SME or Start-up environment
Given that our product measures the effort that teams make as they write software, we are results-oriented and pay a lot of attention to the work we are putting into our jobs – so the work you do will be highly visible to the whole team.
What does the role involve?
You will join the EMEA & APAC sales team which is based in London in a manager role. Work location will be London, United Kingdom for the first six months. After six months, the role will be based in Tokyo, Japan.
You will be involved in all aspects of our sales process from lead generation through to contracting and implementation of the product. You will be targeting senior IT executives within large enterprises.
Responsibilities of the role include the below areas. All necessary training and support to onboard your understanding of the product will be provided.
- Identifying prospective customers
- Supporting maintenance of CRM system
- Administering deals including preparing presentations and contracts
- Appointment coordination
- Networking and telemarketing
- Maintaining sales reports and forecasts
- Attending client sales meetings
- Applying negotiation skills
- Relationship building
- Maintaining personal sales pipeline
- Revenue forecasting
- Closing deals
- Management of a small sales team
- Assisting Regional Sales Lead in reporting sales activity and revenue targets
- Interviewing and on-boarding of new hires to the sales team
Being a growing company, employees’ work is not limited to their remit; there will be a need to fulfill miscellaneous tasks, go above and beyond the day-to-day and you will have the opportunity to implement new ideas and strategies to further the companies aims.
Why work for us?
- International team with informal and motivated culture
- Deep learning curve to become a technical sales rock star
- Training in London and New York offices, with annual company wide retreats
- Freedom to create your own success story in a high performance environment
- Our position includes a comprehensive training and development programme based in London
If you are interested in joining our fast-moving, close-knit and focused team, please apply!
Our recruitment process comprises of four stages to practically test candidates’ abilities:
- Send us your CV - should you be shortlisted, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact with you to arrange an initial chat
- Should your skill set and attitude match the requirements of the role, we will arrange a second interview with the Hiring Manager of the role.
- The next step involves a work sample, which we allow you a maximum of 7 days to complete.
Providing the work sample is to a good standard, we will invite you to our London Head Office for the final interview, where you will meet your potential new manager.
Base Salary: £28K - £36K (3.6 - 4.7 Million YEN)
OTE: up to £75K (up to 9.9Millon YEN)