Who are we?
BlueOptima is the only company providing reliable and objective software development productivity metrics based on a broad domain of static source code metrics. The technology has been adopted by some of the world’s largest organisations including insurance companies, asset managers, telecoms and nine of the world’s top twelve Universal Banks. This successful product uptake has led to rapid expansion of the company and of the Data Analytics department.
Whom are we looking for?
We are looking for analytical individuals with expertise in Data analytics and Technical consulting. You will join our growing Data Analytics team to provide Data based client Insights as well as Advanced Data analysis for our clients, working closely with key stakeholders within client companies and in BlueOptima.
The role includes comprehensive training and development. You can expect to be doing a mix of client projects and ad hoc work – some examples are below – as well as working with the sales team as they deliver executive presentations.
1) Liaison between client technical team and BlueOptima development team
2) Produce analytics reports based on BlueOptima Coding Effort data and explain the insight they reveal to senior managers to support decision-making
3) Supporting product rollout with front end development
4) Consult with clients on the underlying Coding Effort metrics and evangelise its use
5) Develop additional applications for the BlueOptima product and data predominantly using Python/R and/or similar statistical tools
6) Data Quality checks / Deep Dives
7) Creating / maintaining BI dashboards
Qualifications & Experience Required:
You will have experience in a consultancy/analytical function. Master’s degree or equivalent in Data Analytics/Mathematical Degree or equivalent expertise in an analytical role.
Strong people skills demonstrated through consultancy or similar experience, e.g. engaging with key stakeholders for client companies
Python/R or similar programming experience
Strong fundamentals in Statistical Analysis
SQL scripting and Database administration
Data Analysis & Data Visualisation (via Tableau, Qlikview, SAS BI or similar)
Experience in project management and designing processes to deliver successful outcomes
Basic understanding of Machine Learning algorithms
Your home office will be at BlueOptima’s New York office and the role will require flexibility to temporarily relocate to BlueOptima's client sites in the US (Mostly Texas/Florida).
Why work for us?
You will earn a competitive base salary as well as performance-based bonuses and client engagement based commissions. Formal and informal training is included and there may be opportunities for international travel to support our global client base.
BlueOptima is rapidly acquiring new clients and expanding into US and European markets, thus our Data Analytics team needs to grow to manage that demand. Joining the team at this stage means you will be part of the exciting journey in our high growth Technology startup, with an option to exponentially grow your career, a strong likelihood to manage future consultants/teams as well as contribute your own ideas to the development of the company.
How to Apply:
Our recruitment process comprises three stage to practically test candidates’ abilities:
- Send us your CV - should you be shortlisted, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact with you to arrange an initial chat.
- Should your skill set and attitude match the requirements of the role, we will arrange a second interview with the Hiring Manager of the role.
- The next step involves a work sample, which we allow you a maximum of 7 days to complete
- Providing the work sample is to a good standard, we will invite you to our New York Head Office for the final interview, where you will meet your potential new manager.
Salary - Based on Experience + Company Bonus + Commission
Visa Sponsorship - Available