Who are we?
BlueOptima is a high growth technology company, providing objective software development productivity metrics; our technology is used by some of the world’s largest organisations. We are looking for an IT Operations Support person to support our fast growing London office based near Elephant & Castle, London Bridge and Waterloo stations. We have global offices India, Mexico and the US.
BlueOptima is an equal opportunities employer.
Whom are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic, logical-minded people who are interested in technology. Prior experience in an office environment, IT support or start-ups is strongly desirable.
The role best suits those who are keen to develop their knowledge and experience of IT desktop support through hands-on learning as well as training courses and support for qualifications.
What does the role involve?
Our position is full-time and you can expect to be principally focused on IT support as well as contributing to office administration tasks and taking on ad hoc projects. You will learn a great deal about working in a Cloud technology business and apply practical skills in IT support and should be open to learning programming languages (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Bash) to automate processes.
You will report to our DevOps Lead and work alongside our software engineers who will provide you training to further improve your IT skills.
Responsibilities of the role include the below areas. All necessary training and support will be provided.
- Desktop Support in person and remotely for Windows, Mac & Ubuntu desktops
- Installing and configuring computer systems and Software updates
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Managing Office Access & CCTV systems
- Ensuring all broken laptops are fixed, liaising with suppliers on-site or at service centers
- Maintenance of audio visual equipment
- Managing the IT Inventory for the London office
- Providing administrative support to the office and working with the Operations team
- Being a growing company, employees’ work is not limited to their remit; there will be a need to fulfill miscellaneous tasks. This also presents an opportunity to gain experience in areas of interest.
Our recruitment process comprises of three stages to practically test candidates’ abilities:
- Send us your CV - should you be shortlisted, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact with you to arrange an initial chat.
- Should your skill set and attitude match the requirements of the role, we will arrange a second interview with the Hiring Manager of the role.
- We will invite you to our London Head Office for the final interview, where you will also complete a IT support challenge.