Who are we?
BlueOptima provides industry-leading objective metrics in software development using our proprietary Coding Effort Analytics. We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at lower cost. Founded in 2006, BlueOptima is a profitable, high-growth independent software company. Our unique technology was initially devised in seminal research carried out at Cambridge University. We are headquartered in London with offices in New York, Bangalore, Gurgaon and Guadalajara.
BlueOptima’s technology is deployed by global enterprises to drive value from their software development activities. We work with nine of the world’s top twelve largest Universal Banks (by revenue) and three of the world’s top ten telecommunications companies (by revenue, excl. China). Our technology is pushing the limits of complex analytics on large data-sets with more than 15 billion static source code metric observations of software engineers working in an Enterprise software development environment.
BlueOptima is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Whom are we looking for?
We are seeking a highly skilled and talented DevOps engineer to maintain, and improve our cloud environment. The engineer should have a good experience in building and managing scalable linux environment hosted on AWS. In this role, you will be involved significantly in taking on several new initiatives to enhance and scale our applications and to model, test, and capture performance bottlenecks and stability issues, at the application level, in a complex distributed environment. If you are a technology expert, with a desire to learn, and participate in the mutual growth, of the organisation and yourself, this is the right challenge for you.
- Design, manage, maintain and architect AWS Cloud Services and tools.
- Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Puppet and Terraform.
- Pro-actively monitor systems and identify performance issues using tools like Prometheus.
- Understand the application, infrastructure and DevOps toolchain relationship, CI/CD pipeline, and scripts.
- Understand AWS network configurations and manage the security of the organisation's infrastructure.
- Facilitate the needs of internal teams and implement effective coordination between teams in London, Gurgaon and Guadalajara(Mexico).
- Improve the auto-scaling capabilities of our environment.
- Maximize the utilization of cloud resources to balance performance and cost.
- Configuring and maintaining ELK server for log aggregation and alerting.
- Maintaining VPN and NIDS services running in AWS VPC.
- Drive change in the organization, ensure accurate DevOps standards and tools are implemented.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years of technical industry experience.
- Well versed in generic system administration tasks.
- Ability to manage and maintain Cloud Infrastructure on AWS.
- Knowledge of Micro Services and/or Container-based architecture.
- Good knowledge of security related to cloud-based infrastructure involving both, System and Network security.
- Experience with Jenkins, GIT, Jira.
- Experience with Postgresql database.
- Experience with managing user access and credentials centrally using Active Directory.
- Experience with shell/bash and/or Python scripting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Active Directory management and automation
- Experience with ELK or Splunk, with a strong understanding of both structured and unstructured data and log analysis.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration systems
Why work for us?
- Above market remuneration
- Stimulating challenges that fully utilise your skills
- Work on real-world technical problems to which solution cannot simply be found on the internet
- Working alongside other passionate, talented engineers
- Hardware of your choice
- Our fast-growing company offers the potential for rapid career progression
#Devops #Linux #AWS #ActiveDirectory #Ansible #Puppet #Bash #Python #CI/CD #Jenkins #Terraform #Maven #Git #Docker #Postgresql #ELK