This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 8 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, an Android Excellence Award and Apple named us as one of the very best apps in the App Store.
Why do we need you?
As a Video Maker and Motion Graphics Designer at Blinkist you will join our four-person-strong in-house creative team in developing creatives with a direct impact on Blinkist’s user growth. For many Blinkist users, the very first touchpoint they have with Blinkist is seeing one of our video ads somewhere online. Our creatives reach millions of people and are a key component in achieving our company goals.
As we add new advertising channels, each with their specific user behaviors, the demand for fresh new creatives that introduce Blinkist to potential new users increases. This is where you come in! With your help we will be able to deliver high quality creatives to curious people everywhere.
A heads up: we're looking for someone to join our team on a full-time, not freelance, basis.
What you will do:
- Directly impact our user growth through planning, shooting, and editing video ads for user acquisition on social media and other online channels
- Work closely with the Brand team, Performance team, and the Design team to ideate new creative concepts for digital video ads
- Help tell the Blinkist brand story visually through creating and iterating on motion graphics for digital video ads
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- 4+ years working in film production
- 2+ years video editing in a professional environment
- 2+ years motion graphics design in a professional environment
- Basic lighting and on-set audio skills (working with wireless lavs and field recorders)
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, particularly Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Ability to organize and run small in-house productions in our video studio with a small team
- Comfortable working with short turnaround times and deadlines
- Bonus: Davinci Resolve and Cinema 4D experience
- Bonus: Video Marketing experience
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the Video Maker and Motion Graphics Designer role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!