This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 8 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, an Android Excellence Award, and our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store.
Why do we need you?
The accountability for English copywriting is currently spread across multiple roles in our Brand Marketing, Product, and CRM teams. As we grow, we are looking for someone to contribute copy across teams—this is where you come in. As Copywriter, you will write great copy and have a hand in streamlining our brand communications to ensure that we have a consistent voice and tone across all touchpoints, from product to marketing.
What you will do:
- Act as copywriter for from marketing to product to produce conversion-driven, on-brand copy that meets each specific channel’s need
- Ideate, create, test, and iterate with marketing and product managers to produce top-performing copy
- Communicate across teams regarding copy to ensure that what we learn is continually being shared with all stakeholders
- Be a sparring partner for other copywriters across the different teams
- Work with our Brand Lead to update and rollout our brand communications guide and style guide to ensure that there is a consistent voice and tone across all of our communications
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- 3+ years of experience in creative copywriting spanning from marketing to product
- The ability to write, read and speak English at a fluent level
- Pragmatism, with a data-driven approach to copywriting
- Possessing a great understanding of branding, hands-on experience with brand storytelling, and crafting channel-specific copy for brand user personas
- Being a great communicator as you will work across several teams throughout the company
- Being a stickler for details and having the ability to keep a bird’s-eye view of lots of different projects
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the Copywriter role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!