This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 8 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
Why do we need you?
Our Quality Assurance team is the goalkeeper of the company: it is the last line of defense before the user. Our purpose is to ensure an extraordinary user experience to all of our customers. Blinkist is growing quickly and we are looking for a Senior Automation Engineer who can help us bring the quality of our app to the next level with test automation. You will establish and own the automation integration. You will work closely with our developers and QA team to define a process and practices for integrating quality into our software development lifecycle.
What you will do:
- Be part of our autonomous and agile tech team
- Be an expert in the field of QA automation and feel comfortable with training other team members
- Work in close collaboration with our developers to understand new features and develop tests according to them
- Identify opportunities for improvement based on our current setup
- Take ownership of mobile, web and API test automation in your team
- Participate in expanding the existing automation solution
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- You have 6+ years of experience in delivering automated test cases, testing frameworks, tools, and services
- You have a university degree in informatics, computer science or related areas, or possess equivalent experience
- You have experience in developing automated E2E tests using solutions like Selenium, Appium, TestNG, Python, Java, Ruby or Kotlin
- You have experience in creating mobile automation solutions
- You have experience with API testing
- You have experience creating CI/CD pipelines
- You have experience with containerization of your test framework
- You have a strong understanding of testing methodologies and quality as part of the delivery lifecycle
- You possess strong knowledge of Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- You can speak up, bring up tensions and you don’t shy away from giving critical feedback to your stakeholders
- You have a coaching mindset when it comes to test automation and you’re eager to share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- You enjoy pair programming and teamwork - quality is a collective effort for you rather than just one person’s responsibility
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Senior Automation Engineer, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!