This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 8 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
What you will do:
- Solve meaningful customer challenges and create exceptional experiences for the Blinkist iOS and Android apps
- Work collaboratively alongside engineers, product managers, the design team and stakeholders (as required) on various projects
- Utilise your skills in UX & UI: communicate your design vision in the form of high-fidelity compositions, wireframes/prototypes and/or user flows as needed
- Iterate and improve existing features based on research, quantitative data and business goals
- Drive product and design vision by actively contributing your ideas
- Be an active member of the design team — offering constructive critique at design reviews and contributing to the design culture within the wider Blinkist company
- Introduce thoughtful design patterns and help make the design system more robust by documenting reusable design patterns/assets
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- 3+ years of Product Design experience, designing primarily for native mobile apps
- A portfolio demonstrating solid visual design skills and evidence of your ability to tackle real user experience problems
- You're highly motivated about taking ownership of your projects and bringing your ideas to the table
- You have an established workflow that makes it possible to see projects through from beginning to end and iterating again
- You can confidently articulate your design decisions and know how to explain your ideas clearly
- Experience with usability testing, or other research methods, to validate your solutions and help make more informed decisions
- [Bonus] Experience creating and/or maintaining design systems
- [Bonus] Experience working on growth/conversion focussed projects that balance the business metrics with thoughtful, human-centric design choices
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the Product Designer role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!