This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 8 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
Our app has been named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We’ve received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
At Blinkist, we inspire people to keep learning. Our vision is to build the world-leading destination for the modern life long learner. We have pioneered innovations in the mobile content space over the last years and are considered as a true innovator in our industry. To further build towards our vision, we will launch and develop new content verticals that will bring more breadth to the product to engage our subscribers and expand our audience.
We’re looking for an experienced content innovator who is able to balance hands-on content work with strategic thinking to lead our new vertical strategy. You will be accountable for exploration and initial conception of new vertical ideas. You will build a team of producers and be in charge of their development.
What you will do:
- Develop and oversee strategy and programming for audio-first content verticals and translate this into creative and innovative ideas to entice Blinkist subscribers and expand our addressable audience
- Act as the Executive Producer for our new verticals and oversee the ideation, prototyping, testing, and production of new verticals and support producers with developing new or existing verticals
- Build and lead production teams and provide leadership, career development, and mentoring to creative staff
- Set KPIs for engagement and audience growth to continually evaluate performance against our targets
- Manage and monitor budgets for the new verticals production
- Liaise with our content, brand, and product teams to shape the new content vertical strategy
- Identify and implement industry-leading best practices related to creative planning, collaboration, effectiveness and project management
- Develop effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple verticals, including but not limited to developing a process of how to develop and test new verticals at Blinkist
- Ensure brand consistency across all content verticals
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- 5+ yrs experience in audio content production with 2+ leading production on a successful media program (preferably audio)
- Strong track record of ideating, prototyping, testing and launching new audio content formats and concepts
- Must be proactive, a doer with excellent writing skills and creative ideas on how to make compelling content for lifelong learning
- Ability to communicate high-level strategy and ideas while managing the details of productions
- Strong team leadership and cross-functional collaborative skills
- Experience developing creative, editorial and producer talent
- Experience fostering a culture of experimentation, but also knowing when to shift course
- Knowledge of current best practices and desire to stay on top of a rapidly changing industry
- Ability to use data and analytics to inform decision-making and validate ideas
- Strong project management skills and the ability to influence and communicate across all levels of the organization
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Head of New Content Development, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!