This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 8 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
Our data stack has always been a core column in our business success. As Blinkist's data grows (along with the number of users, features, and employees), the mission of setting up efficient, reliable and frictionless data feeds to fuel our operations and decisions becomes crucial.
To get a sneak peek, read more about how your future colleagues Tomek
, and Alex
feel about working at Blinkist.
As our Senior Data Engineer, you will:
- Be a core part of our analytics team and take ownership of managing and extending our data pipelines;
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective, consistent data collection and processing solutions that scale;
- Manage the monitoring and optimization of our internal event pipeline that supports analytics and machine learning, including real-time personalized recommenders & advanced BI dashboards;
- Work closely with our analysts to understand the business challenges and discover opportunities to provide data in a more performant way;
- Constantly explore and evaluate the implementation of new technologies to address infrastructure scalability and performance challenges;
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality and span languages as needed, depending on the data processing framework in use.
To do this we believe you should have:
- IT-Engineering in your DNA: Diploma, M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, IT, Electrical Engineering or related fields;
- 4+ years experience in data engineering/BI engineering;
- Experience with distributed systems (the foundation of Blinkist);
- Experience with AWS Redshift;
- Knowledge of the tools that live within AWS ecosystem;
- High sense of accountability towards delivering performance and stability;
- Team mindset and eagerness to provide help when needed.
- [Bonus] Experience with ETL engines and data pipelines will be considered a plus
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Senior Data Engineer role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!