This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 8 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
Blinkist is growing quickly and we are looking for an Android Developer to help accelerate our ability to deliver a top-notch product to our users. This is where you come in. You will ship features that affect millions of users and revenue while playing with the latest technologies.
As one of our Android developers you will:
- Take responsibility for driving the Blinkist Android App from day one.
- Implement new features & polish the app by increasing stability, fixing bugs and thinking about the user experience.
- Interact closely with designers & product managers to propose Android-suitable solutions.
- Conduct code reviews and participate in regular standups to ensure quality and alignment
To do this, we believe you should have:
- Experience in Android Development
- Experience with RxJava and testing (Espresso, JUnit)
- Experience with Kotlin
- Familiarity with Dagger and Gradle
- Passion for writing clean architecture and easily-testable code
- Be keen to work with best-practice agile development methods and to increase the team's effectiveness with each release
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Always wanted to attend Chicago Roboto, Android Makers, DroidCon... no problem, we got you covered! Add free lunch, a competitive salary, flexible working hours and a meaningful product on the rise, and you get the idea of why Blinkist is a great place to work at.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do you have the room to move between product and development but we want this role to grow with you and follow your own aspirations and interests.