This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app has been nominated by Apple as one of the best in the App Store. We have received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
Why do we need you?
In order to improve our Quality Assurance and help Blinkist grow further, we need someone to satisfy our customers through bug-free and flawless app releases. Our QA team has two QA members and we are planning to expand further. You will be the part of the mobile testing team. You will assure the quality of our app and make sure nothing gets released without your approval.
As our QA Analyst, you will:
- Write and update test cases, test scenarios, and test plan
- Coordinate test cycles with our QA service partner
- Support Product Management in verifying acceptance criteria and perform manual functional tests
- Evaluate and prioritize reported issues
- Support our Mobile developers in resolving issues
- Monitor the live performance of our apps
- Clarify issues with 1st level support
- Perform integration and regression test
- Learn to automate mobile native application
To do this, we believe you should have:
- Completed your studies in computer science, business informatics or a comparable subject
- 1+ years of experience in testing mobile apps for iOS and/or Android
- A structured working style combined with strong analytical skills
- Experience in using tools such as Jira, Git and Charles Proxy is a plus
- Automation skills with Selenium and Appium tool is an added advantage
- Experience with agile software development and QA processes
- A collaborative spirit and experience working with developers and/or designers
- Nice to have KANBAN or SCRUM environment exposure
- Excellent communication skills in English
- An outgoing, positive attitude
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of QA Analyst, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!