This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 6 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
Blinkist is a fast-growing business and company. We are 100 people and plan to grow to 250+ people within the next two years in order to build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner. This is where you come in. You will join as a member of our leadership team and lead our People & Organization team of 8 people working on people (recruiting, L&D, admin), internal operations (office management, reception) and organizational development. You will help us scale the organization as well as maintain and further develop our unique company culture
What you will do:
- Lead - you will be a coach and mentor for the People & Organization team and support them to further develop their goals, projects and skills
- Scale - you will help us grow the company to 250+ people, anticipate challenges that come with growth and prepare the organization for it
- Organize - you will work on how we organize our work to maintain an environment in which people can collaborate effectively
- Measure - you will run regular reviews and establish actionable metrics for the People & Organization team
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- You have 8+ years experience working in HR on operational (recruiting, admin, L&D) and/or organizational (org dev, change management) topics
- You have 4+ years experience leading teams in international companies with innovative cultures
- You have a proven track record in building and scaling startups from 100 to 250+ people. You are knowledgeable and passionate about hiring, developing talent, company culture, managing change and are up-to-date with the current best practices
- You have a coaching mindset. You love developing and growing people, helping them achieve their full potential while managing your own operational tasks
- You can define a strategy for the team, and help them to set and achieve their goals
- You are a great communicator and are able to establish trust and respect within your team while fostering a culture of feedback and recognition
- You have an analytical mindset and know how to use data to improve processes and performance in your team
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Director of People & Organization, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!