This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app has been nominated by Apple as one of the best in the App Store. We have received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
Why do we need you?
At Blinkist, we believe in empowering curious people to learn more. One of the key ways we’re doing this is by taking a truly customer-first approach to design. We continually listen and endeavor to learn about our readers and potential customers, so that we can design the best experiences for them. We are looking for a product designer who also believes deeply in this approach to join our growing team.
As our Senior Product Designer, you will:
- Take the lead on solving complex problems and creating exceptional experiences for the Blinkist iOS and Android apps
- Work collaboratively alongside engineers, product managers, the design team and stakeholders (as required) on various projects
- Utilise your skills in UX & UI: communicate your design vision in the form of high-fidelity compositions, wireframes/prototypes and/or user flows as needed
- Iterate and improve existing features based on research, quantitative data and business goal
- Help plan, execute and report on user research
- Drive product and design vision by actively contributing your ideas
- Be an active member of the design team — offering constructive critique at design reviews and contributing to the design culture within the wider Blinkist company
- Introduce thoughtful design patterns and help make the design system more robust by documenting reusable design patterns/assets
What we expect from you:
- 5+ years of Product Design experience, designing primarily for native mobile apps
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual design skills and evidence of your ability to tackle complex user experience problems
- Experience working and collaborating with cross-functional teams with engineers and product manager
- You're comfortable with taking the lead on your own design projects — from beginning to end and iterating again — and have an established workflow that makes it possible
- Experience setting up and running usability testing sessions to gain valuable insights from real people, and documenting and implementing your insights
- You can articulate your design decisions and know how to explain your ideas clearly
- Strong experience working with Sketch
- [Bonus] Mastery of prototyping tools such as Framer, Principle, Flinto etc
- [Bonus] You have experience with different types of research and conducting exploratory research on broad or ambiguous problem areas
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Product Designer, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
Important note: please share your portfolio with your application.