This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app has been nominated by Apple as one of the best in the App Store. We have received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
Why do we need you?
Blinkist has strived to be a data-driven company since the start. During our initial growth, BI-related responsibilities were spread across several teams. As we face the next chapter of our growth, we are building a dedicated BI team. Currently composed of a Head of BI and a Data Engineer, the BI team is looking to expand by hiring dedicated data analysts who will take the lead in their focus areas and bring Blinkist to the next level. As our next Product Intelligence Analyst, you will lead data-driven product innovation to make Blinkist more competitive.
What you will do:
- Own the complete process of gathering and analyzing intelligence about the performance and usage of the Blinkist app.
- Act as the bridge between business intelligence, product management, and engineering, and ensure data quality and data-driven decision making.
- Work closely with the product team and other stakeholders to analyze their business intelligence needs.
- Collaborate with the BI team in developing solutions to business needs in the most optimal way.
- Design and enforce a closed loop methodology to new product feature development by constantly analyzing the usage, proactively proposing new feature ideas and analyzing the outcome of the newly implemented features.
- Champion clear metric definitions and lean dashboards around these metrics to assess the success of each iteration and version of the product.
- Perform in-depth analysis to understand user behavior and define meaningful customer segments.
- Be the on-call analyst for every usage related ad-hoc request.
- Support the BI team in providing analysis in other focus areas when needed.
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- You have at least 2-4 years of experience in the field of Business Intelligence supporting product teams or, alternatively, experience in working as part of a product team and additionally as a Business Intelligence analyst.
- You are an expert in SQL.
- You have a good understanding of key product metrics and analysis and possess strong analytical skills.
- You are able to maintain a skeptical approach and a neutral voice until proven otherwise by data.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, a result-driven mentality as well as a proactive, independent way of working.
- You possess excellent communication skills: you know how to present numbers in a convincing way and establish trust with your stakeholders.
- [Bonus] You have experience with AWS Matillion Redshift.
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Product Intelligence Analyst, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!