This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app has been nominated by Apple as one of the best in the App Store. We have received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
About your team
The purpose of the Marketing & Growth Development team is to enable growth initiatives with data, engineering, and design. Our development cycle is as follows: we build lean solutions, we measure user behavior, we learn from it and then iterate.
The projects we drive:
- Website: a Rails app that powers user onboarding, discovery experience, and checkout. You will be involved in shipping new flows by coding Sketch files into responsive markup, developing the backend and writing integration specs.
- Blinkist Magazine: another Rails app, but much more frontend-focused. Millions of people from all over the globe discover new content there - that’s how we attract new Blinkist users. Have you ever worked with complex frontend apps with hundreds of components?
- Sidekiq & Marketing API integrations: when we don’t ship A/B tests, we code API integrations which need to be fast, scalable and easy to maintain. Experience with background processing is a must-have.
To do this, we believe you should have:
- Ruby on Rails track record and 3+ years of developing, testing & shipping Ruby code to production
- Fluency in HTML/CSS/JS - great backend won’t help if users see a broken page
- Strong passion for working with web front-end
- Hands-on A/B testing experience
- A great attitude towards designers - you respect their work by following our design style guide and delivering features that look good not only in code but in the browser
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Growth Developer, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to be part of a rapidly-growing, popular and valuable product, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!