PROCESS ENGINEER / PROJECT ENGINEER
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide engineering support on developing and designing projects for industrial food production equipment and systems. Project sizes range from $200k to $5 million.
- Work closely with customers on applying logical problem solving skills to identify best process solutions for customer’s specific needs.
- Develop project cost estimations and lead the upfront process design engineering phases of a project to develop a final system scope and quotation.
- Preparation/presentation of technical documents required for scope alignment and execution which include:
- General Arrangement Drawings
- Process Flow Diagrams
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Process Functional Descriptions
- Applies project management skills and concepts to lead or manage projects with an interdisciplinary project team cross functionally, from planning stage to project completion
- Supports and troubleshoots installation and commissioning of new equipment and systems in process operations environments in the field.
- Performs design calculations (including mass and energy balances) for sizing and scoping equipment and processes. Includes process scale up calculations from data gathered from pilot experiments.
- Play a critical role through all phases of projects including conceptual design, detailed engineering, and startup/commissioning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Food Process Engineering or other related field
- 5-10 years of process engineering experience with strong food processing equipment experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing capital projects (size ranging from $100k projects to $1 million)
- Proficient experience with installation/commissioning support of new food production equipment and systems
- Exceptional project management and organization skills
- Ability to convey technical viewpoints to non-technical personnel and customers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Solidworks, AutoCAD
- Appetite to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
- Eager to travel domestically and internationally to various food manufacturing facilities.