Reporting directly to the CEO and Director of Operations, the Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external points of contact. The Executive Assistant needs to be creative and enjoy working within a growing entrepreneurial environment that is results-driven and fast paced. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and Director of Operations including: managing an active calendar of appointments; managing employee reminders; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is often confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures schedules are followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's and the Director of Operations’ time and office. Ensures that an agenda and objective of the meeting is prepared and submitted by the employees prior to the meetings.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO's and Director of Operations’ offices and other internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO and Director of Operations to keep both well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping both updated.
- Manages a variety of special projects, many of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s and Director of Operations’ ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites and all staff meetings
- Ensures that the CEO's bio and Linkedin is kept up to date and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with employees and customers
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving with strong decision making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Forward looking thinker who actively seek opportunities and proposes solutions
- BS required
- Strong work tenure – 5-10 years’ experience supporting C-level Executives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Work, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, Social Media platforms and Act!