Prepares financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within organization utilizing Sage/MAS software and supporting spreadsheets.
Reports to: Controller
Classification: Full time
1. Under the general supervision of the Controller, performs general cost accounting, payroll functions, accounting records, and other related duties in daily administration of accounting department.
2. Maintains general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries, coding of invoices, accounts analysis and reconciliation, closing books monthly, and setting up new accounts.
3. Performs bank reconciliation monthly, verifies all deposits, manages credit card platform, and addresses questions and problems from banking institutions.
4. Maintains payroll to include maintenance of records oversees processing of paychecks, prepares year end 1099’s.
5. Monitors accounts receivables records and collection, interfaces with bank. Reconciles customer accounts. Requires booking of sales and payment of commissions.
6. Maintains accounting records for fixed assets.
7. Monitors accounts payable duties such as verifying all invoices for payment, ensuring expenditures are charged to appropriate accounts.
8. Annually, files all appropriate forms and reports with agencies.
9. Maintains records of all financial documents with appropriate supporting material. Updates records as necessary.
10. Recommends, designs, and implements any necessary department controls.
1. Coordinates with Controller and CPA on monthly financial statements to include preparation of monthly balance sheet, income statement, and report on changes in financial position/budget variances. May also prepare monthly inventory evaluations. Maintains related records.
2. Board reporting and spreadsheets.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Equivalent to appropriate four-year college degree program.
2. Five (5) years' accounting experience plus knowledge of computerized accounting system, ability to work with detail, and good organizational skills.