Shadow was founded in 2015 with a strong ambition: to create the computer of the future. Yes, that's all.
After 3 successive fundraisings and more than 2 years of research and development, Shadow opens its sales to the general public, and in particular to gamers in November 2017 in France.
The promise? Access to a powerful PC from the cloud to be able to play any game on any screen with a never obsolete configuration!
In 2018, Shadow takes it to the next level by starting its expansion in Europe and the US. By June 2020, the company has more than 180 employees, spread between Paris and Silicon Valley, all working towards a collective exploration of the future of the computer. This mission has earned it the recent integration of the Next40, the 40 most promising companies in French Tech!
Shadow is a fundamentally human enterprise, feeding off the energy that comes from the meeting of very diverse profiles, with the grain of madness of those who can make the impossible possible.
Shadow is a team of enthusiasts, gamers, technophiles and above all a mix of experts in each of the professions (Engineering, of course, but also Product Management, Marketing & Communication or Infrastructure) and young people who are looking to learn and develop their skills in a world that is moving ever faster.
As a Business & Data Analyst, you will be joining the Business Intelligence & Data pool in Paris.
You will be working with a very skilled and motivated team of people toward developing and improving the business, providing some support to help them grow, structure, rationalize, organize, follow through data intelligence, data analysis, project management, tools implementation skills. As such, the role requires a sharp, analytical mind, agile and an
entrepreneurial spirit with positive energy.
You will be joining the BI & Data team and will work directly with Blade’s Head of Data & BI and top executives. You will work on a daily basis with Data, BI & Finance analysts, as well as with each department of the company.
- Being able to extract data and analyze it
- Defining, implementing and measuring KPIs according to business needs
- Developing models and reports using data visualization software
- Participate to strategic planning exercise and fundraising process
- Collaborate with many teams across the company to implement the processes and tools required to make the organization more efficient
- Identify and follow up bottlenecks / quick wins around growing fast
- Provide ad hoc analysis with actionable insights
- Ideally: Using advanced models / algorithms to drive smarter business decisions – e.g. econometric modeling, clustering
Key skills requirement:
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong analytical and expression skills
- Flexible and “hands-on” spirit
- Ability to evolve in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to conduct research, benchmark with a strong ability to summarize
- Fully proficient in French & English
- Ideally: familiar or (even better) proficient with programming languages (e.g.Python, R, SQL) & dashboarding software (Tableau, Power BI).
- Top business or engineering school
- First experience in consulting, data analytics, or banking/finance
- Knowledge and interest for tech/gaming ecosystem