Shadow was founded in 2015 with a strong ambition: to create the computer of the future. Yes, that's all.
After 3 successive fundraisings and more than 2 years of research and development, Shadow opens its sales to the general public, and in particular to gamers in November 2017 in France.
The promise? Access to a powerful PC from the cloud to be able to play any game on any screen with a never obsolete configuration!
In 2018, Shadow takes it to the next level by starting its expansion in Europe and the US. By June 2020, the company has more than 180 employees, spread between Paris and Silicon Valley, all working towards a collective exploration of the future of the computer. This mission has earned it the recent integration of the Next40, the 40 most promising companies in French Tech!
Shadow is a fundamentally human enterprise, feeding off the energy that comes from the meeting of very diverse profiles, with the grain of madness of those who can make the impossible possible.
Shadow is a team of enthusiasts, gamers, technophiles and above all a mix of experts in each of the professions (Engineering, of course, but also Product Management, Marketing & Communication or Infrastructure) and young people who are looking to learn and develop their skills in a world that is moving ever faster.
With over 100 PB of data running daily in our data center, we need a talented Metrics Software Engineer to monitor the health and performance of our cloud platform by building a complete metrics solution from scratch. Become our Cloud Diagnostician!
Your main responsibilities will include to:
- Design, develop and implement the architecture of the solution
- Interact with every component teams to highlight relevant data
- Ensure the availability, scalability and quality of metrics
- Create new metrics aggregator to help the management to have a clear view on the health of the different clusters
- Work on tools to automate monitoring
Education and Background:
- BA or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree / work experience
- +3 years in a similar role, in a complex environment
- strong knowledge of Python
- strong knowledge in metrics system such as ELK or equivalent
- strong knowledge in Linux systems
- Curious and open-minded, oriented knowledge sharing and able to create synergies between different teams
- Good communication skills and teamwork, as well as ability to provide clear and organized documentation for all work performed
- Passionate and used to do a lot of technology watch
- Relevant critical judgement