Shadow was founded in 2015 with a strong ambition: to create the computer of the future. Yes, that's all. After 3 successive fundraising and more than 2 years of research and development, Shadow opens its sales to the general public, and in particular to gamers in November 2017 in France.
The promise? Access to a powerful PC from the cloud to be able to play any game on any screen with a never obsolete configuration!
In 2018, Shadow takes it to the next level by starting its expansion in Europe and the US. By June 2020, the company has more than 180 employees, spread between Paris and Silicon Valley, all working towards a collective exploration of the future of the computer. This mission has earned it the recent integration of the Next40, the 40 most promising companies in French Tech!
Shadow is a fundamentally human enterprise, feeding off the energy that comes from the meeting of very diverse profiles, with the grain of madness of those who can make the impossible possible.
Shadow is a team of enthusiasts, gamers, technophiles and above all a mix of experts in each of the professions (Engineering, of course, but also Product Management, Marketing & Communication or Infrastructure) and young people who are looking to learn and develop their skills in a world that is moving ever faster.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Design to join our team to set and lead the vision for product design at Shadow. You value people management and have managed and grown design teams in a fast-paced environment. You’re an advocate for holistic brand, quality, and design thinking to guide design-centric product processes. You’ve demonstrated close partnerships with Product Management, Research, and Engineering to support teams in delivering valuable, seamless, and delightful products for our users. You have experience educating companies on the value of design and can advocate for your team with senior leadership. You’re able to represent the product and digital experience by partnering with Brand, Marketing, and Creative teams to ensure that all our products reflect our brand values.
- Hire, develop, retain, and set the strategy for a growing team of best-in-class product designers
- Direct and mentor designers, pushing designers to grow and create better products
- Demonstrate strong executive presence to clearly communicate design team priorities
and projects to senior leadership
- Educate the company on the value of design thinking and advocate for a design-driven
- Partner closely with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to spearhead new
product development and product optimization
- Lead data-driven design brainstorms (or Design Sprints) to create vision work that
motivates teams to work towards shared goals
- Lead qualitative testing approach and oversee execution
- Champion a unified design system across all digital products
- Oversee discovery and design of all digital products, including member-facing mobile app and web portal, public-facing website, and internal tooling
- Bachelor’s (or higher degree) in Design, User Experience, HCI, or similar
- 7+ years experience delivering best-in-class mobile and web products as an individual contributor
- 2+ years managing and mentoring a product design team in an agile environment
- Proven track record of leading and building happy, productive, best-in-class design
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a user-centric, thoughtful approach to problem-
solving through design
- Proven track record collaborating with Product Management, Research, and Engineering
- Excellent communicator; able to convey your ideas to a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work with data, analytics, and research to inform product design decisions
- Experience educating teams outside of Product on product design thinking and
- Experience facilitating cross-functional workshops on design visioning exercises
- Deep knowledge of current best practice tools such as Figma, Zeplin, Sketch, InVision, Principle for Mac