Shadow was founded in 2015 with a strong ambition: to create the computer of the future. Yes, that's all.
After 3 successive fundraisings and more than 2 years of research and development, Shadow opens its sales to the general public, and in particular to gamers in November 2017 in France.
The promise? Access to a powerful PC from the cloud to be able to play any game on any screen with a never obsolete configuration!
In 2018, Shadow takes it to the next level by starting its expansion in Europe and the US. By June 2020, the company has more than 180 employees, spread between Paris and Silicon Valley, all working towards a collective exploration of the future of the computer. This mission has earned it the recent integration of the Next40, the 40 most promising companies in French Tech!
Shadow is a fundamentally human enterprise, feeding off the energy that comes from the meeting of very diverse profiles, with the grain of madness of those who can make the impossible possible.
Shadow is a team of enthusiasts, gamers, technophiles and above all a mix of experts in each of the professions (Engineering, of course, but also Product Management, Marketing & Communication or Infrastructure) and young people who are looking to learn and develop their skills in a world that is moving ever faster.
One of the first teams created at Shadow, responsible for running the e-commerce operation, is opening a new position for a NodeJS Developer. The team is made up of 8 people: 3 front-end developers, 3 back-end developers and 2 testers.
Our stack is mainly PHP7, NodeJS, React and MongoDB. The architecture is API oriented. We use Symfony 3 & 4 with PHP and Express with NodeJS.
We use Stripe to handle payments and subscriptions and the billing lifecycle. We rely several other SAAS for tax computing, billing and other subjects.
As part of the team, your voice will be heard in every design decision and in the general direction of the stack.
Your responsibilities :
- Develop new features
- Maintain and upgrade the API & micro services constellation
- Develop Unit & Functional tests
- A few major projects are on our roadmap: in house subscription & billing management, Symfony version upgrades, component sharing, CI improvement, a new back office
- NodeJs knowledge.
- Stripe process knowledge would be appreciated.
- SQL &/OR NoSQL skills would be appreciated.
Soft skills :
- You must be a positive person who hold’s their code to high standards
- who is able to communicate constructively with your teammates.
- You will be required to demonstrate a curious mindset to learn about our stack and internal e-commerce workflow