Shadow was founded in 2015 with a strong ambition: to create the computer of the future. Yes, that's all.
After 3 successive fundraisings and more than 2 years of research and development, Shadow opens its sales to the general public, and in particular to gamers in November 2017 in France.
The promise? Access to a powerful PC from the cloud to be able to play any game on any screen with a never obsolete configuration!
In 2018, Shadow takes it to the next level by starting its expansion in Europe and the US. By June 2020, the company has more than 180 employees, spread between Paris and Silicon Valley, all working towards a collective exploration of the future of the computer. This mission has earned it the recent integration of the Next40, the 40 most promising companies in French Tech!
Shadow is a fundamentally human enterprise, feeding off the energy that comes from the meeting of very diverse profiles, with the grain of madness of those who can make the impossible possible.
Shadow is a team of enthusiasts, gamers, technophiles and above all a mix of experts in each of the professions (Engineering, of course, but also Product Management, Marketing & Communication or Infrastructure) and young people who are looking to learn and develop their skills in a world that is moving ever faster.
Blade is looking for a talented DevOps to make scale and manage our in-house solution. You will work very closely with our performance & orchestration team. What is the project? It’s about big scaling capacities and increasing by 10 (to start with) the number of machines.
Your main responsibilities will include to:
- Design, build, and operate infrastructure services that are reliable, scalable
- Regularly write and review infrastructure automation, configuration management
- Write and review functional specifications and scoping documents for large infrastructure projects
- Investigate gaps and limitations in existing infrastructure and come up with well-thought-out long-term solutions
Education and Background:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- +3 years of experience in a similar role
- Fluency in English
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Strong knowledge in Linux systems
- Strong knowledge in production environment
- Strong Linux and TCP/IP networking skills
- Strong knowledge of REST API
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure
- Experience with configuration management tools and managing infrastructure as code (Ansible)
- Able to perform deep technical analysis and fix applications, systems, and networks
- Knowledge of Netbox
- Loving challenges
- Understands the value of collaboration
- Working with closely with several tech teams
- Pragmatic, detail-oriented, self-motivated