Shadow was founded in 2015 with a strong ambition: to create the computer of the future. Yes, that's all.
After 3 successive fundraisings and more than 2 years of research and development, Shadow opens its sales to the general public, and in particular to gamers in November 2017 in France.
The promise? Access to a powerful PC from the cloud to be able to play any game on any screen with a never obsolete configuration!
In 2018, Shadow takes it to the next level by starting its expansion in Europe, US and Asia. By June 2020, the company has more than 180 employees, spread between Paris and Silicon Valley, all working towards a collective exploration of the future of the computer. This mission has earned it the recent integration of the Next40, the 40 most promising companies in French Tech!
Shadow is a fundamentally human enterprise, feeding off the energy that comes from the meeting of very diverse profiles, with the grain of madness of those who can make the impossible possible.
Shadow is a team of enthusiasts, gamers, technophiles and above all a mix of experts in each of the professions (Engineering, of course, but also Product Management, Marketing & Communication or Infrastructure) and young people who are looking to learn and develop their skills in a world that is moving ever faster.
Blade is looking for a talented and motivated engineer for it's Infrastructure Engineering team. As a member of the team, your primary function will be to ensure that the network is reliable, robust and can scale. Automation is the key to meeting our demands; you will be responsible for conceiving, developing and deploying tools to support the network.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol datacenter and backbone networks
- Define, and develop optimized network monitoring systems
- Design, and deploy new network architectures
- Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network issues
- Be an active participant in deep technical discussions
- Develop and maintain consistency within the networking infrastructure
Education and Background :
- BA or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree / work experience
- 2+ years of in-depth experience with routing and switching
- Minimum 2 years experience with BGP and IGP
- Juniper JunOS and Cisco IOS routing
- Minimum 2 years experience in Linux/Unix
Technical skills :
- Knowledge of BGP is needed and good understanding OSPF
- Experience scripting with Python, Ansible and shell strongly preferred
- Experience in device configuration
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with GCP or any cloud provider
Soft skills :
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to manage long term, project/milestone based work with multiple teams
- Curious and open-minded
- Knowledge sharing oriented