BlackLocus is an innovation lab operating within The Home Depot, the top home improvement retailer in the world. To stay ahead of the curve, The Home Depot is making a substantial investment in data science, innovation, technology, and design. BlackLocus is contributing to this initiative by providing analytical tools to optimize and automate pricing, assortment, and product info by applying machine learning and revenue management techniques.
BlackLocus is a small collaborative environment where everyone is excited to work together every day. We are located in downtown Austin in an open space designed for collaboration, comfort, and productivity. We have a culture of learning providing 10% research time. We value diverse perspectives and strive to be an inclusive, safe environment. And finally, we love to have fun and celebrate together! If this sounds like something you are looking for, we can't wait to hear from you.
BlackLocus is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for the competitive data team. You should be a creative and thoughtful engineer who enjoys telemetry, graphs, solid architecture designs, and distributed systems. You should be excited by finding solutions to constantly changing problems. The Senior Software Engineer will collaborate with other engineers and Product Managers to ensure product evolution and stability. The person who fills this position should be one who wants to grow and help others grow also.
- Write excellent, clean code
- Advocate for best practices
- Work through all phases of product development, from prototype through mature product
- Automate operations and testing as much as possible
- Support production products and debug problems
- Lead by example and encourage continued learning
- Actively seek and give feedback
- 8+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience working in multiple languages/frameworks
- Experience collaborating with a diverse range of people and perspectives
- Excellence in both your craft and communication
- Experience working with graphs and telemetry
- Intimate knowledge and experience with distributed systems
- Deep understanding of networks and web traffic
- Excellent work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive base and bonus package
- Generous PTO policy
- 401(k) eligible for matching company contribution after one year
- Restricted stock grants and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, tons of drinks, and an espresso maker
- Lots of team events including weekly catered lunches, happy hours, and other fun outings
- Located in the heart of downtown Austin with garage parking provided
- The Home Depot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: BlackLocus and The Home Depot are Equal Opportunity/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employers. Available positions may vary by location. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. ©2005-2019 Home Depot Product Authority, LLC. All rights reserved. Know your rights. Click here to view Federal labor law posters.