BlackLocus is an innovation lab operating within The Home Depot, the top home improvement retailer in the world. To stay ahead of the curve, The Home Depot is making a substantial investment in data science, innovation, technology, and design. BlackLocus is contributing to this initiative by providing analytical tools to optimize and automate pricing, assortment, and product info by applying machine learning and revenue management techniques.
BlackLocus is a small collaborative environment where everyone is excited to work together every day. We are located in downtown Austin in an open space designed for collaboration, comfort, and productivity. We have a culture of learning providing 10% research time. We value diverse perspectives and strive to be an inclusive, safe environment. And finally, we love to have fun and celebrate together! If this sounds like something you are looking for, we can't wait to hear from you.
The purpose of this position is to manage operational relationship between BlackLocus and Store Support Center (SSC) customers in product development, support, and planning. This position must also demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and the leadership skills necessary to guide a team of Business and Support Analysts. The role is responsible for leading a team to develop and implement team operations and process as well as shares responsibility and accountability with the project leadership team for the successful delivery of the entire project.
- Program Management:
- Serve as liaison between BlackLocus and Home Depot Merchant organization helping to ensure successful project implementation
- Communicates with internal stakeholders and teams both on site and in The Home Depot Store Support Center (SSC) in Atlanta to drive effective operations of all projects delivered by BlackLocus
- Sponsors, plans, and executes any changes in the system or process to applicable stakeholders
Provides status updates to BlackLocus leadership team
- Delegates tasks to team on evolution of various programs stemming from BlackLocus
Leads and facilitates documentation of team best practice of processes
- Customer Support:
- Delegates or responds to and resolves customer support requests, communicating directly with the business users to help resolve their issues.
- Conducts training sessions on systems and provides escalation support and guidance to team members
- Partners with Merchandising Leaders on complex issues and leads team in executing
- Strategic Planning
Work with BL Leadership team to on the growth and strategy of the department
Provide suggestions on organizational design and human capital allocation
- Interviews candidates and makes hiring decisions
- Builds effective teams and provides performance and development feedback
- Delegates tasks and outlines people processes for delivering business results
- 6+ years of Product Management, Project Management, or a similar role
- Experience leading and mentoring a team
- Excellent communication skills to all business levels; verbal and written
- Experience collaborating with technical cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with SQL
- Experience working in an agile product environment and building/re-engineering processes
- Experience with project management software (MS Project, Asana, ZenHub, or similar)
- Experience working on complex infrastructure and technology projects
- Bachelor's Degree in related study
- PMP certification, Scrum Certification (or equivalent work experience)
- Excellent work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive base and bonus package
- Generous PTO policy
- 401(k) eligible for matching company contribution after one year
- Restricted stock grants and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, tons of drinks, and an espresso maker
- Lots of team events including weekly catered lunches, happy hours, and other fun outings
- Located in the heart of downtown Austin with garage parking provided
- The Home Depot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: BlackLocus and The Home Depot are Equal Opportunity/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employers. Available positions may vary by location. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. ©2005-2019 Home Depot Product Authority, LLC. All rights reserved. Know your rights. Click here to view Federal labor law posters.