BlackLocus is an innovation lab operating within The Home Depot, the top home improvement retailer in the world. To stay ahead of the curve, The Home Depot is making a substantial investment in data science, innovation, technology, and design.
At BlackLocus, we collaborate with smart and diverse minds to explore exciting opportunities in the rapidly transforming retail space. We approach problem-solving holistically, integrating our research and knowledge of customer motivations and buying habits with scalable technology.
This is a leadership role to lead a group of data scientists and analysts, and partner with other senior leaders to build innovative and scalable applications in retail business. Responsible for guiding the team and developing best practice to run a productive, cross-functional operation in an agile software development environment.
- Lead and develop effective cross-function-operations of data scientists and analysts and closely partner with product and engineering teams to build intelligent and scalable solutions
- Hire, train, mentor team members to develop key skills to be productive in a cross-functional environment
- Partner with leadership team to co-develop vision, strategy, roadmap of BlackLocus analytical capabilities into scalable solutions
- Develop and implement best practices as well as establish and maintain a balanced portfolio of projects as well as resources in alignment with strategic organization goals
- Work closely with The Home Depot business stakeholders and drive greater business value through partnership
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of leadership experience in an agile, cross-functional environment with product, engineering, and analytics teams
- 5+ years of leadership experience developing analytics capabilities/solutions
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, computer science, statistics, operational research, etc.
- In-depth understanding of data science and analytics capability
- Excellent work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive base and bonus package
- Generous PTO policy
- 401(k) eligible for matching company contribution after one year
- Restricted stock grants and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, tons of drinks, and an espresso maker
- Lots of team events including weekly catered lunches, happy hours, and other fun outings
- Located in the heart of downtown Austin with garage parking provided
- The Home Depot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: BlackLocus and The Home Depot are Equal Opportunity/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employers. Available positions may vary by location. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. ©2005-2019 Home Depot Product Authority, LLC. All rights reserved. Know your rights. Click here to view Federal labor law posters.