BlackLocus is an innovation lab operating within The Home Depot, the top home improvement retailer in the world. To stay ahead of the curve, The Home Depot is making a substantial investment in data science, innovation, technology, and design. BlackLocus is contributing to this initiative by providing analytical tools to optimize and automate pricing, assortment, and product info by applying machine learning and revenue management techniques.
BlackLocus is a small collaborative environment where everyone is excited to work together every day. We are located in downtown Austin in an open space designed for collaboration, comfort, and productivity. We have a culture of learning providing 10% research time. We value diverse perspectives and strive to be an inclusive, safe environment. And finally, we love to have fun and celebrate together! If this sounds like something you are looking for, we can't wait to hear from you.
The Senior Data Engineer will expand and optimize data, data flow, data collection for cross functional teams, and data pipeline architecture. The Senior Data Engineer will support and collaborate with the software engineering team, data analysts, and data scientist to ensure data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. Continuously improve or re-design data architecture to support the next generation of products and initiatives.
- Data Validation, ETL, Infrastructure Development: Coding validation and ETL to ensure successful data integration
- Data Infrastructure Maintenance: Backup and optimization activities to maintain performance; code, configure, test, etc data to ensure integrity
- Data Architecture Design and Analysis: Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture; Develop data architecture to meet business requirements
- Planning/Requirements Analysis: Collaborate with team leads and cross functional partners to assess business requirements and communicate opportunities
- 8+ years of previous work-related experience
- Ability to convey complex or technical ideas and processes in easy-to-understand terms to diverse audiences
- Extensive experience message queuing, stream processing, and scalable data stores
- Experience managing projects and organizing data
- Ability to negotiate, handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances with both internal and external customers
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL databases, relational databases, and query authoring
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, data sets and workflow management tools such as Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C#, Scala, GoLang, etc.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in related study
- Excellent work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive base and bonus package
- Generous PTO policy
- 401(k) eligible for matching company contribution after one year
- Restricted stock grants and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, tons of drinks, and an espresso maker
- Lots of team events including weekly catered lunches, happy hours, and other fun outings
- Located in the heart of downtown Austin with garage parking provided
- The Home Depot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: BlackLocus and The Home Depot are Equal Opportunity/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employers. Available positions may vary by location. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. ©2005-2019 Home Depot Product Authority, LLC. All rights reserved. Know your rights. Click here to view Federal labor law posters.