Security Clearance: Minimum TS/SCI
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
This is a Full-time customer-site position providing Unix system administration support. The candidate will ensure server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum level of performance. Performs tasks in a dynamic environment, under stress, optimizing availability of system services for end users. Rapidly absorbs and implements new technologies and procedures.
- SA experience with UNIX/Linux administration.
- Ability to write complex shell scripts (BASH, KSH, PERL, etc) to automate daily tasks and maintain security-hardening efforts for Information Assurance
- Experience operating intrusion detection systems, and responding to network/computer intrusions and supporting inquiries.
- Knowledge of information systems security principles and methods, the requirements for certification and accreditation of systems testing and evaluation, and performance management methods.
- Strong understanding of Unix file structure
- In accordance with customer's security policies and directives, deploy, maintain, and enhance the security of server systems.
- Excellent customer service skills, including end-user support experience.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to develop innovative solutions to challenging technical problems
- Experience with F5 (LTM, APM, TCL) a plus
- Ability to learn new scripting languages
- Good understanding of network engineering and security principles ( e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, Firewall rules, etc.)
- PKI knowledge
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.