BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by making it 100x easier to communicate their work. We reduce the time it takes to visually communicate research from 10-20 hours to just 10-20 minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it on solving the important things, like curing cancer.
BioRender is a young, fast growing company backed by an incredible group of investors, including Y-Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
We’re looking for a self-directed, enthusiastic Office Manager to support BioRender as we grow. The ideal candidate loves to help out and enjoys tackling administrative challenges across a multi-disciplinary, fast-growing team. They will be well-organized and flexible, taking on new challenges as they arise and developing long-term processes that support us as we scale.
Projects and responsibilities include:
- Assist Senior Leadership with conference travel planning, including booking flights and accommodation, transportation, scheduling meetings, and reimbursement
- Coordinate and lead efforts on important marketing and customer-facing events including tradshows, conferences, speaking engagements, etc (interfacing with the marketing and graphics teams on roughly 8-10 conferences annually).
- Ensure the office is well stocked, including weekly snack and coffee orders, maintaining office facilities and equipment, and ordering BioRender swag as needed
- Provide general administrative support, including welcoming and interacting with guests and visitors, setting up meeting rooms, and ensuring the office is kept tidy
- Plan and run logistics for company events, including weekly lunches, team off-sites, retreats, and brainstorming sessions
- Ensure new hires are onboarding smoothly, granting access to required programs, answering operations-related questions, and ensuring all new staff receive BioRender swag
- Assisting with campaigns, contests, and customer mailouts
- 2+ years administrative experience in an office setting
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- High EQ and able to take in feedback from the team to ensure all team members feel included and respected in all team-based activities
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate complex logistical projects such as company events
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
- Interest in science a plus
- Strong team player and willing to take on collaborative projects with the team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary + options
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
- Free coffee and weekly lunches
- Regular company off-sites
To apply, send a resume and a short blurb about yourself to email@example.com.