About the company:
At BioRender, we’re building a revolutionary platform for researchers to create high quality scientific graphics to accelerate the scientific process. We are looking for a User Experience (UX) / Instructional Designer to join our award-winning team (with leaders in the space from National Geographic Magazine, Google, Dropbox and more).
We are early stage, fast-paced and your work will directly impact our users and their experience with the product. We’re looking for a self-starter with a strong animation and video editing portfolio, biomedical communication training who is eager to learn and grow professionally. If you're excited about the tech world, want to reach a global audience, and want to help build a lasting impact on science communication, we want to hear from you!
BioRender is a young, fast-growing company backed by an incredible group of investors, including Y Combinator, Refactor, Malala Fund, and some of the most successful Life Science entrepreneurs in the world. We are live in over 600 institutions globally with customers ranging from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
- Create educational content for BioRender app (videos, use cases, how-to tutorials, science communication tips, etc)
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Research, develop, and conduct consistent, focused UX studies via in-person, web conferencing and/or screen-sharing technology
- Manage the educational / user experience initiatives for the company (ie lead the creative for the Youtube channel, e-learning modules, tutorials, design tips, etc).
- Collaborate with other team members (including the leadership team, programmers, medical illustrators, growth, and customer success managers) to help deliver features that our users want
- Participate in the project plans and maintains it to ensure project deliverables are completed as specified
- Edit and design didactic, aesthetically pleasing videos for presentations, onboarding, and conferences
- Record and edit narration, sound effects and music for videos
- Manage video content projects (set up meetings, keep track of project scope, follow up with deadlines and internal goals etc.)
- Complete project deliverable by expected deadlines
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Medical Illustration (with focus on animation/video editing)
- Strong sense of design theory and concepts, color and composition
- Experience in UX research and design is a plus
- Up to date on video formats and best practices for instructional design experience
- Portfolio with samples of clean animations and videos
- Ability to quickly research and understand a variety of subjects and topics
- Strong experience using Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere, Audition, Illustrator etc.)
- Strong team player and willing to take on collaborative projects with the team
- Strong communication skills
- 3D animation/modeling a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary + equity (company stock)
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
- Free coffee, snacks and weekly lunches!
- Regular company off-sites
To apply, send a resume and a short blurb about yourself to email@example.com.