BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by making it 100x easier to communicate their work. We reduce the time it takes to visually communicate research from 10-20 hours to just 10-20 minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it on solving the important things, like curing cancer.
BioRender is a young, fast-growing company backed by an incredible group of investors, including Y-Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to renowned universities and research institutions.
We are looking for generalist full-stack developers to join our fast-growing team. Our stack is React.js, Node.js, MongoDB with a lot of the technical challenges being on the frontend. We are scrappy, value collaboration, creative problem solving, transparency and hard work. We work very closely with illustrators, sales and customer success to build the best possible product that users love.
We are looking for a self-starter who cares about code quality, customer experience and making a positive impact; someone who takes initiative. If you see something that’s broken or a customer who’s unhappy, you do everything you can to fix it asap. You appreciate self-growth and personal development and you’re looking to grow with the company.
Bonus points if you’re a fan of drafting/visualization tools or have previous experience working on a similar product!
Background / Qualifications
- Strong experience (3+ years) in software development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- Web full-stack experience and writing interactive web apps(our stack is React, Node.js, MongoDB)
- Extensive frontend experience with React / redux is a big plus
- Background in computer graphics, experience with web-based graphics libraries or game development or animation is a plus
- Educational background in computer graphics, computational biology or similar is a plus
- Experience working on SaaS web products with tight product development cycles is a plus
- Experience working in health/science-related product development is a plus
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Competitive salary + options
- High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
To apply, send a resume and a short blurb about yourself to email@example.com.